i’ve said it before, & i’ll say it again: i love mix tapes.
you can define a day, a trip, a mood. i love making mixes for others. i’ve spent many, many hours pouring over the order of songs. because they have to be juuuust right. trust. but it’s even more of a delight when someone makes it for you.
lately, my roommate has been awesome & given me 3 mixes. and i’ve been meaning to make one for him. but the thing is, he’s much more up on the new jams & i don’t have anything in ye ole music library that he hasn’t already heard.
tonight, i decided to change this. tonight, i was going to find some new jams on my own. tonight, i was going to make an amazing summer mix full of sun drenched tunes and night-time grooves.
tonight i went down a musical rabbit hole.
DENIM AND MOCCASINS mix.
- new york groove/ KISS
- most wanted/ cults
- jean genie/ david bowie
- how do i know/ here we go magic
- uh-oh, love comes to town/ talking heads
- boomerang/ miniature tigers
- no good for you/ terry malts
- this head i hold/ electric guest
- sunshine (cataracs remix)/ rye rye ft M.I.A.
- girl like me/ ladyhawke
- warrior/ kimbra
- the wave/ miike snow
- what did he say/ nite jewel
- the ghost inside/ broken bells
- paddling out/ miike snow
- spore/ ramona falls
- teary eyes and bloody lips/ moonfaced
- american daydream/ electric guest