ok, so yet again i create a challenge of extraordinary proportions. and i am mentally like “yessssssss! this will be the best thing ever!!!!!! and i will tooooootally do this every single day for.e.ver.” and then five minutes later something else super shiny catches my eye & i forget about my original plan.
it’s official. i have the attention span of a goldfish.
good intentions? yes, i have lots of those. big ideas? i’d say more than the average bear. attention span?
wait….what was i saying? (oh man, i’m sooooo funny…)
while i have been doing a mental hashtag of all the things i’m grateful for, i have not been great at putting that gratitude out there on the world-wide web like i originally intended.
life got in the way. i was way busy. i needed to paint my nails. mr bix had the hiccups. it rained. i had to brush my hair. it was a sunday. [fill in ridiculous excuse here].
which is lame. all of the excuses are true, but still lame. so here are the remaining 20 things i am grateful for…better late than never, right???
- my super awesome fanny pack. it’s super. it’s awesome. and it holds things for me while i take my evening strolls around the neighborhood.
- wedding season…i love being a 2nd shooter. i get to be apart of someone’s “happy moment”. i get to eat free cake, i get to drink free wine, i get to dance to my favorite song “Shout!”, i get to kick it with my friend, i get to pick up my camera…aaaaand i get paid to do all of that. pretty freakin sweet gig.
- my roommate. he’s seriously so amazing that i can’t even use words to describe him.
- all of the awesome times hanging out with my fabulous friends.
- mix tapes. they are the jam.
- going to see amazing live music. it’s even jammier.
- the fact that my plants are still alive. even the scary dandelion is pretty impressive.
- my brother graduating high school. proud of you, littlest brother!
- thinking about upcoming vacations.
- finding hilariously poetic fortune cookie fortunes like this…
- sleeping in. lately, that’s been a pretty scarce thing. but when it happens, sweet baby jesus, it’s fantastic.
- finishing a book. always a sense of accomplishment, even though it might be a silly book.
- HBO’s GIRLS. dude. i love that show.
- speaking of great shows…so you think you can dance is back on. and that makes my heart happy. and my dancing shoes dancy.
- oklahoma sunsets. have you seen them lately? gah. breathtaking.
- photo inspiration. i have 2 shoots that i really really really need to make happen. in my head, they are legit. now it’s time to make them happen!
- my family. love you guys.
- the fact that my old school ipod still works. seriously, that’s pretty amazing. 2005 technology at it’s finest.
- ashley’s sheet cake. holy sheet, it is the best cake in the whole wide world.
and finally, in honor of tonight’s game…
20. OKC Thunder making it to the finals….THUNDER UP!!!!!!!!