man, there have been many a changes in the good ole Casa de Meredith. it’s like i literally blink and a day, week, or freakin month has passed by.
i mean, i know people say that time goes by faster when you get older. but i’m only 28. i don’t consider that old. i consider that awesome. guess time flies when you’re awesome and having fun, right? right.
sooooo…let’s do a whirlwind recap on the past 2 months complete with photos…readysetgo…
- i finally cleaned my garage. that was literally a hot mess. but it’s beautimus and now holds 2 cars.
- i turned 28. which was really grand. KK tried to throw me a surprise party, but i was being a brat and wouldn’t commit to going out for a night. so i messed that one up. dangit. i’ve always wanted a surprise party too! but i did make my friend Angry Santa let me share his bday party. and the Porch Mice (an awesome band that my friend is in) played. they gave me a shout out, but i missed it because i didn’t know that they had started playing & was hiding in the back room soaking up the air conditioning. woopsie. but their set was rocktastic, and there was tons of hanging out with friends, and many a pimm’s cup was consumed by yours truly. so def a good bday in my book.
- i went to bermuda with the fam. yes kids, be jealous. cuz i am totes pulling the “i went to bermuda” dance right now.
- i have a fantabulous new roomie. we’ll call him Aa. so now it is no longer casa de Meredith…it’s casa de Aarodith. it is the bees knees of casas.
having Aa as a roomate is the jam. he’s hilarious. he can beatbox like a freakin champ. he’s thoughtful. he loves my monster puppy & has given him a new middle name. he has great style. he has great music taste. he listens to me when i whine and either gives me stellar advise or tells me to suck it up & be an adult when i need to be. he likes to do the chores that i don’t like to do (and i like to do the chores he doesn’t). he’ll wax poetically about the great music videos of the 90’s. we have dance parties. we abusively abbreviate words. we watch 1G5Gs together every night. really, the only problem is that i stay up way to late because we’re hanging out & having a blast. so, yeah, other than sleep deprivation, i’d say that it is fantastico.
- speaking of clean garages & new roomie…the ole hacienda got a face lift as well. although i loved my old home decor, i’ve had it that way for 6+ years. so i decided new roommate deserves a new vibe to the house. something breezy with a dash of bright. and random things that are awesome. so headed over to our local hardware store, bought a crap ton of paint, and had a painting party. new curtains, new chandelier, new vibe. i like to call it beach glam. although there is not a beach in sight. but whatevs. i won’t let that tiny detail hold me back. we painted a stone dog statue lime green. i folded a billion paper cranes & made flowers out of magazines. and (get ready for my moment of pride) we developed 23 of my photos to create a photo-explosion wall. i can’t decide on a favorite new item. i love them all. and i love that i got to decorate it with Aa. he didn’t run screaming when i unleashed what i like to call “project meredith”. she is a detail oriented, slightly obsessive freak. here’s a peek at some of the stuff we repainted…
- visitors are awesome. i’ve had a few friends pop into town, and i love that. Noodle came into town 2 weeks ago, and Annie Bee is coming into town tomorrow. these are things that make my heart happy. great friends and great times.
so yes. that is all that i’ve been up to. you know, besides the normal work work work and whatnot. gotta love it. oh! and i’m getting new reading glasses. which is super freakin rad. because i love glasses. if i could, i would have a million pairs of them. unfortunately i don’t need them too much. only when i’m staring at a computer (which is a lot) or reading (which i do that too). but, you know, i just might rock ’em when i don’t really need them. that’s how i roll. living on the edge.
final thing, and then i swear i’m signing off for now & will return again. dude, have you noticed the weather lately? it’s like fall is here. kinda. i checked out my weather app & the rest of the week is under 100 degrees. fall…soups…sweaters…boots…scarves…new glasses…oh my, i’m about to have a full on overload of wonderfulness!
until next time…stay classy my friends.