so back in the day, when myspace was really popular, i used to pass the time by taking stupid surveys. my favorite one was where i had to say 25 random facts, habits, or goals about myself .
i can’t think of any funny story to share, so i am going to re-do this survey and try not to repeat any of my old answers. which will be tough. but i’m going to try. heads up though, i will cheat and sneak a few of the good previous answers in there. here we go…
1) i like the beach, but i hate sand. really, i just hate when it gets stuck in between your fingers. that feeling is the worst. it is also why i hate wet-wipes. sick
2) a well made turkey sandwich is the food of the gods, to me at least.
3) i have a “voice” that i picture as what mr bix would sound like if he could talk. i like to imagine what he we would say.
4) i used to really dislike kids, until i met the 2 coolest kids i know (cohcoh and rikitikicambo). now i think having a kid wouldn’t be so horrible. although i am terrified that they won’t be as cool as cohcoh & rikitikicambo. and that would just suck to have a lame kid.
5) i pick my nose in the car. sometimes even when i’m hanging out with my close friends. while i know people can see me, in my mind i think that they can’t.
6) i could never have an indoor cat. i’m terrified of the possibility that i might die in my condo and the cat would eat my face.
7) when i was younger, all i wanted was to have braces and glasses. i even lied during an eye exam to try to get glasses. yep, i wanted to be a bigger dork than i already was.
8) i can make up a song for anything. KK, Monkey and i have the best song ever. i think it has 6 verses so far.
9) it is damn near impossible for me to be quiet for long periods of time. i am a total chatter box. and it only gets worse if i’m nervous.
10) my tattoo has 3 layers of meaning for me. one is that Ldawg designed it for me, two is that i got it the day after my parents dropped me off for college, and the last is a joke that i had with my grandbob. even if it’s considered a “tramp stamp” now, i will always love it. for the record, it was not referred to as a “tramp stamp” when i got it.
11) i still really wish i could go on the real world. too bad i’m way too old to be on it now. but seriously, how dope is their house?! i don’t give a shit about their crazy antics…i would just chill in the awesomeness of the abode.
12) every morning i sing in the shower. very loudly and very out of tune. my favorite shower songs are “shake senora” and “black dog”. when i sing “black dog” it is complete with air guitar solos and a bitchin drum solo.
13) i am the best at procrastinating. take now, for example. i am intending to finish up some documents for work. instead, i’m writing this while eating string cheese and almonds. in my defense, it is my day off & i’m trying to figure out how to sign on our vpn so i can access the documents. but i’m still procrastinating. i think i work best in crunch-city.
14) when i was a kid, i was terrified of beets. my family used to torment me with threats of making me eat them. i don’t know why i hated them so much. i think their intense colors freaked me out. i tried them a couple of years ago, they aren’t that bad.
15) my dad’s nickname for me, in full, is moosedust potato chip. there is even a song that he made up. (moosedust potato chip *clap clap* she is one of my kids. i know a girl and her name is *clap clap* moosedust potato chip). but i’m moosie for short.
16) i have a really kick ass record collection, but my record player has been broken for about 6 years. mental note, get that shit fixed.
17) i can’t mix liquor and beer in any fashion. that whole “liquor before beer, all in the clear” saying is crap. if i even think about changing my drink, i will have pyrotechnic tummy all day. it is very inconvenient. especially about every 6 months when drunk meredith thinks that somehow i can trick the drinking gods and mix it up. i never win that one, the drinking gods are crafty.
18) when i was a kid, my mom wouldn’t get me a dog. she only bought me goldfish. problem was, she never told me that i couldn’t touch the goldfish. i killed about a million of them because i kept taking them out of the water to pet them…goldfish refer to me as the grim reaper.
19) i very rarely wear socks. they don’t let your toes wiggle. p.s. my feet smell really bad.
20) i wish i could have a pet giraffe.
21) when i was a kid, i hate-hate-hated my name. i mean, c’mon…meredith lorraine black is not a name that any 8 yr old should tote around. now as an adult, i love it. i could not imagine me with any other name
22) until a week ago, i thought the phrase “up and at ’em” was “up and atom”. i was always so confused as to why i was supposed to be an atom. it makes much more sense now that i know the real phrase.
23) i rarely go to bed before midnight. my brain just won’t shut down, no matter how tired i am. i am also a grizzly bear in the morning.
24) whenever i have a problem i’m trying to solve, before i go to bed i think of talking to my grand bob (who passed away) so that i can dream of him and get advice. we always meet at la baguette and eat french onion soup. and we talk and he gives me his advice on what i should do. i know it’s really my subconscious working out the solution, but somehow, when it comes from him i know it’s the right choice. he has a pleasant face and the best voice.
25) i love public transportation. whenever i go to a city that has a subway or tram system, i always ride it at least once. and i save the card. it’s a shame public transportation is pretty much non-existant in oklahoma.
yep, so there you have it. 25 random things about me.
hug pic of the day…